Subemy was founded in 2016 by Nandini Karky, the subtitler of popular and award-winning Tamil movies such as Thanga Meengal, I, Yennai Arindhaal, Radio Petti among many others.
Nandini Karky has a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Masters in Education and a Certification in Subtitling from Subtitling Worldwide, Netherlands. Bringing together this educational background and all her work experience in Information Technology, Education and Entertainment industries, Nandini Karky has designed our courses. The courses to be offered are in inter-lingual (Regional languages-English, English-Regional languages) subtitling, intra-lingual or same language subtitling and subtitling for the differently abled.
Subemy intends to build bridges between subtitlers and the entertainment industry, between multiple languages and cultures and between subtitlers across different languages.
Vision of Subemy
- Training students in different types of subtitling
- Providing specific training for various source-target language combinations
- Creating job opportunities for students on successful completion of the course
- Providing world-class subtitling services and solutions to Indian movie and television industries
- Working to enable subtitling in many languages and inclusive options for the differently-abled
- Publishing journal articles and participating in international conferences on subtitling
- Building a network of subtitlers across the world